This site uses cookies that store non-personal information to provide services to you and to help us improve our site.

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. Can I buy CE marked pre-painted coil?
    Pre-painted coil is not subject to CE marking, but your supplier should furnish you with a declaration of conformity to show the specification being supplied so that this information can be used on your CE label.
  2. If I can’t source the exact spec that I usually state on my CE label, can I use an equivalent spec?
    You can, but you also need to change the information on your label e.g. you can use AZ150 Aluzinc is equivalent to Z275 galvanised, but the correct label needs to be attached to the correct sheets (you cannot put both on one label to indicate ‘either/or’).
  3. Is the spec the same for every country in the EU?
    No, metal coating weight specifications vary according to the prevailing climate in each country (e.g. in Italy Z150 galvanised is specified but UK is minimum Z275).
  4. What is the purpose of CE marking construction sheeting?
    The CE mark on production sheets indicates compliance with the EU Construction Products Regulation, which was introduced to ensure reliable information on construction products in relation to their performances. This is achieved by providing a “common technical language”, offering uniform assessment methods of the performance of construction products.
  5. What is the CWFT option?
    “Complies Without Further Testing” refers to certain standard coatings named in EN 14782 which do not require testing for reaction to fire, because they have been subjected to repeated testing during historical market use. Generally, these are standard 25µ polyesters and 200µ plastisols, provided the mass of the coating falls within the proscribed guidelines.
  6. Do I need fire certs from all my suppliers?
    Unless the product is included in the CWFT options, your coil supplier should be able to provide test certificates for reaction to fire carried out under EN 13501.1 for the coatings supplied.
  7. What fire rating should my standard coatings achieve?
    The CWFT options are stated as Class C-s3,d0, this should be your minimum requirement.
  8. Who should I contact if I suspect that a construction product should have a CE mark but I cannot find evidence of the mark?
    Trading Standards administer the Construction Products Regulations and the affixing of a CE mark to the product. Details of your local trading Standards office can be found at

These FAQs are a response to queries raised by Coilcolor customers during the first 12 months of obligatory marking for construction sheeting and panels. As we receive more queries, more FAQs will be added.

Please contact us by phone or email with any queries not addressed on this page. Simply ask the Coilcolor operator to direct your call to ‘ mark assistance’ or make the subject of your email ‘ help’ and we will do our best to respond within the same working day.